Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy Snowball Saturday! (round 2) + an update

Hi all,

I'd like to wish you all a very merry Snowball Saturday! It's that time of the week again. If you would still like to help me celebrate this very special occasion, I wrote down a few ideas in my last post. Basically, this is meant to be a very easy way for my readers to help me out by telling others about the mission of Wycliffe and specifically what I'll be up to this year. Wycliffe's mission is to make sure that every person in every nation can have access to the word of God. I will be joining this mission in Benin by helping to produce audio and video renditions of the scriptures they are translating into local dialects there.
All you have to do is think of just one friend to whom you could mention this mission, and take a second with that person to pray for Wycliffe and for me as I pursue this calling. If this effort is surrounded in prayer, I am confident that this calling will come to fruition according to God's will :)

Now for an update!
You may have noticed at the top that I've added a couple of new pages (yay!). The ever-so-creatively named "What I'll Be Doing" page gives a brief description of what I will most likely be helping to accomplish while I'm in Benin. The "Got Miles?" page is for anyone who might be interested in donating frequent flyer miles towards my airline ticket to Benin. If you are a frequent flyer with Delta, check back for more info on how you could contribute! I still need to update that page. I've been addressing a lot of envelopes recently, haha.

Which brings me to my next piece of news... I sent out the rest of my letters today--praise God! Thank you to my mother for getting them printed and helping me fold all of them. I have already been so blessed at the response I've received from people who have heard about my plans. I've gotten a few phone calls, Facebook messages, and emails... Thank you, thank you for taking the time to send a kind word. It made my day!

Finally, you can look forward to details on other fundraising events and fun opportunities to contribute that will soon be in motion... do I smell pizza? ;)

This week I'll be praying for my brother David and his fiancé (that's right, FIANCE!) as they continue their adventures in Europe (that's right, EUROPE!). Prayers for safety are always in order when travel is involved, but also that stress would not be a part of their fun daily activities as they transition smoothly from one glorious adventure to the next. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment