Wednesday, August 13, 2014

19 days!

Oh wow, so much has happened in the past two weeks since my last post. Working at a summer camp tends to keep you on your toes in all the best ways :)

First, I'm a little delayed in sharing this news (apologies), but as of last week, my trip is...
FULLY FUNDED!!
Thank you to everyone that generously offered their financial support, and to everyone that prayed for God to provide the necessary funds to make this possible. I am overwhelmed with gratitude!

This is pretty close to my reaction when I got this news. Enjoy:

So yeah! Receiving all my funding was a huge milestone, and now all that's left to do is:
  1. Pray
  2. Finish packing (Anyone have an extra mosquito net lying around? Shoot me an email!)
  3. Pray some more
  4. I'd like to bring a "thank you" gift to Carole, the Director of Wycliffe Benin who has been helping me prepare for this trip since the beginning of the summer. Any good gift ideas?
  5. PRAY.
In case any of my readers find this interesting, here are a couple fun (used as a relative term in this case...) pages that I've come across in my research about Cotonou:
  • A very interesting page that gives details on the climate and weather in Cotonou
  • Benin, Yovo Style--This is a illustrated journal (written in French, sorry anglophones) written by a girl who traveled to Benin. Talks about the things she packed and some of the things she did, and I'm a fan of her cheeky style :) (If you were wondering, "yovo" is a word people in Benin use to describe white people. From what I've heard, it's kind of like the word "gringo" in South and Central America, and it's not necessarily derogatory)

No comments:

Post a Comment