Thursday, October 9, 2014

Trend-setting


One of my other co-workers, Igor (the fundraising manager for Wycliffe Benin), saw me writing my post about Yvon, and read it over my shoulder. That's how the following conversation started:

Igor: But I'm your friend, too!
Kate: Yes, but since Yvon is going to Ghana today, I'm writing a post to ask for prayers for him!
Ah OK, OK. So when will you write a post about me?
Well, I can write one for you next if you want. Do you have any prayer requests you want me to post with it?
Hmmm... well, I'm getting married next month!
Wow, really?!
Yeah!
That's so cool! What's her name??
I'll tell you if you put me in a blog post.

So here it is! I got Igor's photo later that day. I took the one on the right first, but he said he didn't like the way his head was tilted, so I took the one on the left, which he liked better. I asked him if I could still post the first picture here, because I liked his smile in that one. He said that was okay. :)

Then Mathieu, the secretary, saw us through the window, and wanted to join in, so he came out to get a picture with Igor. It made us both laugh!

But it wasn't over! Igor's office-mate Gérard walked by just then, and they pulled him in too! So these are a few more of the characters I get to see every day.

Mathieu, Gérard, and Igor
Since they would be on my blog, I asked each of them if they had any prayer requests to share.
  • Igor would appreciate your prayers for his future marriage (Her name is Diane!)
  • Mathieu asked for prayers for God to open up opportunities for him to receive training in human resource management, and also for his younger brother who suffers from migraines.
  • Gérard asked for prayers for his wife, who is suffering from a mental illness, that her health would be totally restored, and also that God would continue to provide for Wycliffe Benin's financial needs.
  • And finally, we welcomed visitors from Wycliffe Netherlands yesterday, and they will be staying in Benin for about a week. Pray for a safe and enjoyable stay for them, and for safe travels around Benin, as they will be visiting several different locations. (And I get to join them!)


No comments:

Post a Comment